Monday 30 January 2012

Girly future thoughts

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but lately I've been thinking a lot about the future. But I'm not just talking about academic and career prospects, I'm talking personal future. If you know what I mean..

Finding "the one", getting engaged, getting married, moving in together, having children, sharing a life together, planning retirement, dying together. (I'd like to make it abundantly clear that once I get married, divorce is not an issue. I won't get married to somebody whom I have doubts about sharing the rest of my life with).

Probably because I'm a girl, but I've been thinking about this a lot recently. Maybe I've hit that age in which marriage is just constantly on my mind but even promise rings (rings given to your partner, promising to tie the knot some day but not just yet) have been making me go totally crazy! I've even been thinking about how I'm ever possibly going to juggle having a successful career whilst being a MILF (Mother I'd Like to Fuck).

Is this just me or..? Girls?!? Can any of you relate?!?! Inbox me on tumblr.

I find my mind wandering to how I'd have my wedding if I had it today, or what my dress would look like or who'd give me away or who's be my bridesmaids/best men. And don't get me started to kids names...

I thought I'd write about this this evening just because It's kind of been chipping away at me for a long time. I just need to release all of my girlie future marriage thoughts here! (I hope you don't mind).

So, If any of you are finding yourselves thinking the same thoughts, I'd love for you to come and chat to me, just so I can release my Oestrogen on you girlies rather than my testosterone filled best guy friends!

There's not much to take away from this post apart from the discussion topic just described! I guess every girl hits this obsession for a fulfilling love life sooner or later, but is it just a phase or is it something us women will have to deal with until we meet "The One"?

1 comment:

  1. You've taken the thoughts out of my mind! Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete