Sunday 12 February 2012

In the recent death of Whitney Houston..

Today I'd like to talk about her and celebrity deaths.

So if you've noticed from my Twitter, I have been drawing peoples attention to Whitney Houston's death. It did come as a shock at first but after having time to mull it over, I've realised that I've come to the point in my life where death is a natural thing.

As a kid, I obviously got driven around everywhere by my mother and/or father. Let's just say my mother adores soul/reggae music and my father likewise. So, obviously, Whitney would be playing 40% of the time. Without even boasting, I'd saying I knew all of the lyrics to most of Whitney's songs. I've seen one too many of her live performances on YouTube and her music has had a massive impact on what I listen to today. For those reasons, I'd say I'm a big Whitney fan.

However, just like any other celebrity death, as soon as one person found out, the whole world has to stop and morn for this individual. People who never even knew a single Whitney Houston song are posting remembrance tweets, status' and posts. More than anything, I find that behaviour almost disgusting. I believe in paying your respects but to actually pretend as if this individual had any effect on your life whatsoever and making out as if it's a big loss in your life is actually mocking her friends, family and fans.

But it seems to be a common behaviour manner when any celebrity dies. But I believe It's making the celebrity turn in their grave. Imagine, you are a famous singer and you know who your fans are. You know because they don't judge you for stupid mistakes you've made or rumours that the press have circulated about you. But then you die. Imagine if the people who started those rumours, the people who ridiculed you, the people who kicked you when you were down actually had the audacity to "pay their respects". It's disgusting, and anybody who does that should be ashamed of yourselves.

In the name of controversy, I bid you all a happy Sunday and all my prays are going out to Whitney and her family tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment