Wednesday 22 February 2012

On My Way: Glee Episode Review.

After just witnessing (for me) then end as we know it within Glee's Winter finale, I can't help but try to calm down from the shock, tears, happiness and anger I felt during that episode. Time to reflect ladies and gentlemen!


SPOILER ALERT!!!


To start with, I'm pretty glad Glee is finally teaching kids about suicide. I appreciate how Ryan Murphy really tried to show the triggers to killing yourself through bullying, being a part of the GLBT community, etc. I was also glad to see that he did add some controversy. As serious as the topic of trying to commit suicide is, not everybody takes the side of the victim and most call the act "selfish" or "dishonourable". The scenes between Kurt and David, Figgins and the teachers, and Kurt and the christian club reduced me to tears. I think all the actors did extremely well for that to hit home. Considering I am not gay myself, I think it was the link that they made to being affected by suicide and for some (Will) to actually admit to committing was what got me. Suicide is a real issue and I hope the millions of people who view this episode become aware of it.

In other news, Quinn died. Well, we're not too sure but I sort of knew something would happen. As soon as the car scene started I knew something was wrong. Ryan Murphy wouldn't chuck in a car scene just because he wanted to. When she did get hit, I honestly thought my heart jumped out of it's skin. I was just so shocked as Quinn had her whole life ahead of her. Earlier on in the episode she quoted "I'm looking forward to graduating top of my class at Yale" and she had just been given her position back in the cheerios and her life was good again and all off a sudden BAM! Literally. I'm really interested to see what'll happen to her next season. Is she dead? Is she alive? I think an interesting concept to incorporate would be to have her in a wheelchair like artie. Since Tina admitted to faking her stutter in season one, nobody has managed to get on to Artie's scale of endearment. We all see it when he performs next to the others, when he's passing through the halls, his disability is impossible to look past and I'd love to see Quinn finally understanding what it's like to endure such a thing.

As for Fin and Rachel, I'm happy to see them so in love and how they want to get married early to live their lives to the fullest. Therefore you can probably tell how disappointed I am with Rachel's Dads (whom, I must say, are EXTREMELY fabulous, it hurts to watch them) and Fin's parents when they were plotting to spot the wedding short. Why not sit them both down and tell them their feelings? Their concerns? They say that if they confront them, Fin and Rachel will go behind their back and get married but what they're doing is conspiring behind THEIR backs. It's not right and I'm pretty angry at the four of them.

I wasn't happy with Sebastian. Sure, I was touched that he had changed for Dave, but I think essentially taking money for Dave's loss instead of actually going to see him in the hospital was wrong of him.

That's all I have for now but make sure you follow my Twitter for any relevant discussions and my Tumblr will be spammed full of Glee for the next few days so bare with me!

1 comment:

  1. This is a really great review and accurate too!
    xo
    http://noise-and-confusionn.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete