Thursday 13 September 2012

Sweet longing in your absence

It would appear as if everything I pray would never happen has now coming to pass. From dawn 'til dusk for seven bog-standard days, I would go about my daily routine. During this time you would be living seven enthralling days as you kick-start your new life. One filled with laughter, intellect and the love of another. A year ago I would have solemnly felt as if I could not go one of these normal days without experiencing: a) the sound of your voice; b) the touch of your lips or; c) your soothing words of "everything is going to be okay" and "we'll get through it together".

These words would last a day or two, and in return I'd turn to God to beg for you not to leave and to beg for those words once more and for your heart to remain open. Though I knew my prayers were short lived, I never expected them to have the life expectancy of a gerbil.

Now throughout these seven days I would wake up, stretch, and look to the empty space in my life where you used to stand. Following, I would walk through my day making minor errors in your absence, feeling a sense of joy in the company of others but most of all keeping my eye on that space. It's a humorous serendipity, yet it brings me to tears all the same. And it's sad to think that someone who promised never to leave did just that, Isn't it? Without a goodbye or a warm embrace, this winter, I will experience a more bitter taste.







lalala there you go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment