Sunday 16 December 2012

Perks of Being a Wallflower

So I watched this movie earlier. Alone. As I usually am. Baring in mind I have never read the book.

I found it emotionally heart wrenching. From the first monologue, including the line "I'm sad and happy at the same time, and I'm trying to find out why". I feel like the plot took me through most of the emotional challenges I've had to face while being a godforesaken teen in the 21st century. I also feel like I'd have hated to be in his position. Your only friends being your English teacher and a few kids who are 3 years older than you, each holding more experience in life than you'll ever feel whilst you remain friends with them. It must've been emotionally shit.

It also helped me put my life into perspective. Those moments he talked about, they're present. They're happening right now. And you've got to hold on to them or you'll never be happy. I feel as If I take some moments for granted. For instance, when I was at reading festival. Sweet Jesus that was the best weekend of my life and I just wish I had held on to those moments a tiny bit more. Just to saver them.

It also got me thinking about my infinite moment. It had to have been at reading. It was at the main stage and it was chucking down with rain. Florence and the machine were on stage playing the song "shake it out". I sat on the shoulders of a guy who I had became friends with the day before. And I was just in the air, looking over thousands of heads at the band and getting soaked in rain and screaming the lyrics and just feeling the rain on my skin. I felt so. Fucking. Infinite.

No comments:

Post a Comment